Familia Real de España
1 of 4 portraits of Ferdinand VII, King of Spain
Familia Real de España
by Unknown artist
stipple engraving, early 19th century
3 1/4 in. (82 mm) paper size
Sittersback to top
- Francisco de Paula, Duke of Cadiz (1794-1865), Son of Charles IV, King of Spain. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Charles IV, King of Spain (1748-1819), Reigned 1788-1808. Sitter in 2 portraits. Identify
- Ferdinand VII, King of Spain (1784-1833), Reigned 1808-33. Sitter in 4 portraits. Identify
- Maria Isabella, Queen of the Two Sicilies (1789-1848), Daughter of Charles IV, King of Spain; wife of Francis I, King of the Two Sicilies. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- María Luisa, Queen of Spain (1751-1819), Queen Consort of Charles IV, King of Spain. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Maria Luisa, Queen of Etruria (1782-1824), Consort of Lodovico I, King of Etruria; daughter of Charles IV, King of Spain. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Charles, Duke of Molina (1788-1855), Son of Charles IV, King of Spain. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
Events of 1800back to top
Current affairsWidespread food riots after poor harvests of 1798-9. Theorist, Thomas Malthus, controversially argues that poverty and food shortages are an inevitable consequence of population growth, challenging assumptions that populousness was a sign of national prosperity and power. His thesis contributed forcefully to the debate over the existing Poor Law.
Art and scienceWilliam Wordsworth publishes his Preface to the Lyrical Ballads; a retrospective explanation of his experimental poems written with Samuel Taylor Coleridge. It becomes one of the best-known manifestos of Romantic literature.
InternationalLord Castlereagh, Chief Secretary for Ireland, is the main architect of the Act of Union under which Ireland is merged with Great Britain and the Irish parliament is abolished.
British troops support successful uprising by Maltese against the French.
Napoleon is victorious against Austrians at Marengo and reconquers Italy.
- Searching for Shakespeare
- Brilliant Women
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- Nelson: before and after Trafalgar
- Making History: Printed Portraiture in Tudor and Stuart Britain
- Gunpowder, Treason and Plot
- Chartist Portraits
- Silhouettes display, 2004-05
- William Hazlitt's Spirit of the Age
- Return to Life: A New Look at the Portrait Bust
- Restoration Lives: Samuel Pepys and His Circle
- Theodore de Mayerne
- Mary, Queen of Scots: Fact and Fiction
- Mary, Queen of Scots
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Art Conservation Project
- Rebel women
- 2019 Anniversaries
- Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints