British Models dressed by British Designers
1 portrait of Alek Wek
British Models dressed by British Designers
by Mario Testino
chromogenic print on aluminium, 2001
16 1/4 in. x 20 3/8 in. (414 mm x 516 mm)
Artistback to top
- Mario Testino (1954-), Photographer. Artist of 22 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Naomi Campbell (1970-), Fashion model. Sitter in 5 portraits. Identify
- Cecilia Chancellor (1966-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Georgina Cooper, Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Sophie Dahl (1977-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Karen Elson (1979-), Fashion model. Sitter in 3 portraits. Identify
- Rosemary Fergusson (1975-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Jasmine Leonora Guinness (1976-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Elizabeth Scarlett Jagger (1984-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Jodie Kidd (1978-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Kate Moss (1974-), Fashion model. Sitter in 7 portraits. Identify
- Erin O'Connor (1978-), Fashion model. Sitter in 2 portraits. Identify
- Jade Parfitt (1978-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Lisa Ratcliffe, Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Liberty Ross (1978-), Fashion model. Sitter in 2 portraits. Identify
- Vivien Solari (1980-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Stella Tennant (1970-2020), Fashion model and designer. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Alek Wek (1977-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
- Jacquetta Wheeler (1981-), Fashion model. Sitter in 1 portrait. Identify
This portraitback to top
1. Stella Tennant wearing a jacket by Stella McCartney and sandals by Gina. 2. Cecilia Chancellor with her son Lucas wearing waistcoat and shirt by Luella, jeans by Andy Quammie and boots by Free Lance. 3. Erin O'Connor wearing a corset top by John Galliano. 4. Naomi Campbell wearing a jacket and bikini by Julien Macdonald and belt by Katie Hillier for Luella. 5. Kate Moss wearing a dress by Hussein Chalayan. 6. Rosemary Ferguson wearing a jacket and knickers by Markus Lupfer. 7. Jasmine Guinness wearing a shirt and knickers by Boyd and sandals by Gina. Photographed shortly before giving birth to her son Arthur. 8. Karen Elson wearing a dress by Betty Jackson. 9. Georgina Cooper wearing a dress by Antonio Beradi. 10. Sophie Dahl wearing a dress by Matthew Williamson and shoes by Gina. 11. Jodie Kidd wearing a dress by Vivienne Westwood. 12. Jacquetta Wheeler wearing a jacket by Nicole Farhi, jeans by Alexia and boots by Free Lance. 13. Liberty Ross wearing top and shorts by Clements Ribeiro and boots by Patrick Cox. 14. Elizabeth Jagger wearing a dress by Russell Sage and headpiece by Philip Treacy.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Ribeiro, Aileen; Blackman, Cally, A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery, 2015, p. 264
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Mario Testino: New Acquisitions (24 January 2004 - 13 June 2004)
Events of 2001back to top
Current affairsLabour wins a second landslide general election victory campaigning on improvements to public services based on private finance projects. The Conservative party proved itself to be out-of-touch by ignoring public services and campaigning on the issue of Britain's membership of the EU. The day after the election William Hague resigned as leader of the Conservative Party.
Art and scienceThe Eden Project opens in Cornwall. The eco-centre, conceived by Tim Smit, replicates tropical and temporal climates and houses plants from all over the world in two domed biomes. The project is both a large-scale scientific experiment to study the environmental changes in different biomes over time, and a visitor attraction teaching the public about the natural environment.
InternationalOn 11th September (9/11) America comes under foreign attack for the first time since Pearl Harbour when Islamic Fundamentalist terrorists hijack four planes, flying two into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre, and one into the Pentagon; the fourth plane crashed in a field.
George Bush launches his 'War on Terror' by invading Afghanistan to overthrown the Taliban and capture Osama bin Laden, leader of al-Qaeda.
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!
- Icons and Identities: Shakespeare to Winehouse
Until 17 July
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints
Choose your favourite portrait from our Collection as a framed or unframed print for your home.