by Harry Borden
archival digital C-type print, 12 November 2002
13 7/8 in. x 14 in. (354 mm x 356 mm)
Purchased with funding from the Deloitte Acquisition Fund, 2005
Sitterback to top
- Rodney ('Rod') Aldridge (1947-), Executive Chairman, The Capita Group plc. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Artistback to top
- Harry Borden (1965-), Photographer. Artist of 116 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, London (Capita Group plc headquarters, Victoria Street, Westminster, London)
Events of 2002back to top
Current affairs2002 was an eventful year for the Royal Family, highlighted by the Queen's Golden Jubilee celebrations, but marred by the death of Princess Margaret, followed just three months later by the death of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother at the age of 101 (making her the longest lived royal in British History).
Art and scienceThe relationship between two of the greatest modern masters is celebrated in Tate Modern's blockbuster exhibition Matisse Picasso. By exhibiting their works side-by-side, the show revealed the relationship between the two artists from 1906-54.
The 'Party at the Palace' concert in celebration of the Queen's Jubilee brings together stars from the last 50 years of Pop: Paul McCartney, Tom Jones, Brian Wilson, Queen, Ozzy Osbourne and Elton John.
InternationalTerrorist bombing attacks on the Island of Bali in Indonesia leave 202 people dead, including 25 Britons. The three attacks took place in a bar, outside a nightclub and outside the United States consulate, and were aimed at foreign tourists, although many locals were also killed or injured. The Islamist group Jemaah Islamiyah were found guilty of perpetrating the attacks.
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.
- A Question of Identity: Self-Portrait Photographs 1850-2000
- Harry Borden on Business
- First Showing
- Bright Young Things: 13 Under 30
- Hold Still: Explore our Collection
- Management today, Management tomorrow
- Athletes and Olympians
- Garage & Grime Musicians
- Photographic Portraits of Contemporary Designers
- Reviewers Revealed: Celebrating the TLS Centenary
Tell us more
Framed & unframed prints
Choose your favourite portrait from our Collection as a framed or unframed print for your home.