Online index and preliminary list
Before the correspondence and papers of Philip de László were transferred to the Gallery in 2005 they were digitised and over the last five years they were indexed in depth by the de László Archive Trust. The names of correspondents and recipients have been fully indexed, together with keywords, portraits, exhibitions and sitters. Additionally, the Trust has summarised letters written in English and translated those written in other languages.
The index and scanned copies of the correspondence are contained in a separate database that can be consulted in the Heinz Archive and Library.
Full text and multiple-term search capability across the entire database is not yet possible at the Gallery but the Archive and Library is looking for additional funds to enable this in the future.
A preliminary list of the archive, arranged by series, provides basic information about the contents of each folder:
Selected letters, mainly royal correspondence, 1898-1935
Removed from the above series before the papers were transferred to the National Portrait Gallery (1 folder)
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László