Letter from Alice Balfour - 21 July 1908
Letter from Alice Balfour, dated 21 July 1908, concerning photographs of her brother's portrait
4, CARLTON GARDENS,
Dear Mr. Laszlo
I have asked for Hollyer to Photograph the picture of my brother In size 8" x 6". I have told him that you will purchase any photographs of the Picture that you may wish to have, but that no one except you or my brother or myself should
get them, without our permission.
Please excuse these erasures. We are looking forward to seeing you at Whittingehame some day when you are at Gosford.
I leave for Whittingehame tomorrow.
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László