Letter from de László to Lady Petrie - 31 January 1933
Letter from Philip de László, dated 31 January 1933, to Lady Hilda Mary Isabel Petrie, asking when Sir Flinders Petrie might be in London for a sitting
31st January, 1933.
Dear Lady Petrie,
I wish to thank you most heartily for your very kind and welcome letter. It is so nice of you to think of our conversation and my suggestion that I might come out and Meet you and Sir Flinders at Gaza. Alas, I have been very busy since we met, and I have been ordered to go to the South of Italy and take an absolute rest for a month, and so to my regret I have to give up for the present my contemplated visit to Palestine. I much hope it is only postponed, however. It is a great disappointment to me, as I hoped to come out and do studies there at the same time.
Will you please let me know when we may expect you here in London again, as I am looking forward to do a study of Sir Flinders.
With our warmest regards to you both.
Yours very sincerely
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László
Help us conserve a portrait of a female adventurer, poet and medical pioneer