Letter from de László to Lord Haldane's sister - 6th July 1929
Letter from Philip de László, dated 6th July 1929, to Lord Haldane's sister concerning the purchase of his portrait of Haldane by the National Portrait Gallery
Station, Swiss Cottage.
3, Fitzjohn's Avenue,
6 July 1929,
Dear Miss Haldane
Thank you for your letter of the 4th inst.
As I already have mentioned to you the portrait of Lord Haldane is an expression of my respect & friendship towards Lord Haldane. If the Trustees of the National Portrait Gallery have the desire to acquire, it will certainly give me every satisfaction.
The sum of £150 [illegible] is at the disposal for this purchase of the Trustees. I will accept. As the formalities require that the cheque be handed to the owner of the work, it can be sent to me & I shall hand the artists [illegible] the equivalent sum.
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László