Letter from Duchess of Portland - 14th July 1933
Letter from Winifred Anna Cavendish-Bentinck, Duchess of Portland, dated 14th July 1933, reporting her admiration for the portrait of Byng
3, Grosvenor Square.
July 14th 1933.
My dear Laszlo
I have seen the beautiful Exhibition of your really wonderful pictures & cannot tell you
how much I enjoyed seeing them. I don't know which I admired most but the picture of my old & very
good friend Lord Byng stands out in my memory. I think it is a most wonderful likeness of a very strong personality. Lady Airlie too
is wonderful & Annie Ahlers but they all fascinate me. I was so pleased to see you. We have been such good friends
for so long & I assure you I much value the affection that exists between us.
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László