Letter from Duchess of Portland - 14th July 1933
Letter from Winifred Anna Cavendish-Bentinck, Duchess of Portland, dated 14th July 1933, reporting her admiration for the portrait of Byng
3, Grosvenor Square.
July 14th 1933.
My dear Laszlo
I have seen the beautiful Exhibition of your really wonderful pictures & cannot tell you
how much I enjoyed seeing them. I don't know which I admired most but the picture of my old & very
good friend Lord Byng stands out in my memory. I think it is a most wonderful likeness of a very strong personality. Lady Airlie too
is wonderful & Annie Ahlers but they all fascinate me. I was so pleased to see you. We have been such good friends
for so long & I assure you I much value the affection that exists between us.
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László
Help us conserve a portrait of a female adventurer, poet and medical pioneer