Letter from Isabel Pulteney - 7 February 1919
Letter from Isabel Pulteney, dated 7 February 1919, seeking advice about a light fitting for her brother's portrait
3, LOWER BERKELY STREET.
Dear Mr. de László
The picture has been hung and the electric light fixed. I don't know whether it is because the metal is new, but it looks
to me aggressively large for the picture. I wish some time you could come and look at it, or send me a measurement of what the right size should be.
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .
- Correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Learn more about Philip de László
- Guide to the correspondence and papers of Philip de László
- Other archive material relating to Philip de László in the National Portrait Gallery
- Other sources of information about Philip de László
- Selected letters of Philip de László