Changing Impressions: The conservation process
This section considers the conservation process in detail.
The work can be divided into six stages:
The Gallery would like to acknowledge the contributions to the project of Clare Reynolds ACR MIPC, who carried out the conservation work, and John Chase, who took the photographs of the work in progress.
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.
- Henry VIII Presenting a Charter to the Barber Surgeons Company (NPG D11098)
- The Battle-array of Carberry-hill (includes Mary, Queen of Scots) (NPG D11102)
- The Royal Procession of Queen Elizabeth (NPG D11099)
- A View of the House of Commons (includes Robert Walpole, 1st Earl of Orford; Arthur Onslow and numerous other sitters) (NPG D11092)
- The Procession of the Knights of the Most Noble Order of the Garter (NPG D11097)
- Royal Academicians (NPG D10716)
- The Reform Banquet at Guildhall, July 11th 1832 (NPG D11095)