This is a particularly exciting moment to join as a Patron of the National Portrait Gallery, as we embark on our Inspiring People redevelopment. Inspiring People will simultaneously safeguard our heritage, restoring the historic features and help us to expand for the future. Through a stimulating events programme of diverse virtual and in person events, and exclusive benefits, Patrons enjoy a close relationship with the Gallery and its staff while extending their knowledge of British life, history and culture.
During the Gallery’s planned closure, we will continue to curate an exciting benefits offer for our Patrons. Our biannual programme of events celebrate and expand on our unique Collection, world-class exhibitions, new acquisitions and projects. We also visit institutions around the UK and organise trips overseas, with all events linking back to our activity here at the Gallery.
We would be delighted to welcome you as part of this special group.
Join as a Patron and enjoy:
- Free entry to all National Portrait Gallery ticketed exhibitions*
- Double invitation to a Patrons Preview of each exhibition, followed by the main Private View*
- Three complimentary catalogues
- Advance copies of Face to Face, the Gallery’s supporter magazine, and our What’s On guide
- 15% discount in the Portrait Restaurant and Portrait Café*
- 10% discount in all Gallery shops
- 10% discount on Venue Hire*
- Concessionary rates for all public programme events
- Acknowledgement of your support in the Gallery’s Biennial Review
- Exclusive programme of Patrons events, including out-of-hours access to the Gallery and other institutions, visits to studios and private collections and overseas trips.
* Whilst essential building works take place, the National Portrait Gallery will be closed to the public until Spring 2023. Although exhibitions will not be held on site, we are able to offer Patrons access to National Portrait Gallery exhibitions hosted at external venues and partner institutions across the UK, as part of our ambitious national programming under the Inspiring People project.
From £1,750 per year Patronage is a great way of supporting the Gallery and developing your knowledge of historical and contemporary portraiture in a welcoming and social environment.
US tax payers may wish to join via the American Friends of the National Portrait Gallery an independent 501 (c) 3 registered charitable organisation.
For further information please contact:
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.