Drop off your bags and coats in our Gallery cloakroom before your visit.
The Gallery’s Cloakroom facility is situated on Floor 0 next to the Tickets and Information desk.
Cloakroom opening times
Sunday to Thursday: 10.30-17.50 (last deposit 17.00)
Friday and Saturday: 10.30-20.50 (last deposit 20.00)
Charges and conditions
- Visitors may leave coats, small bags, cabin sized bags/suitcases and umbrellas in our Cloakroom.
- Coats/small bags cost £2.50 and cabin sized bags/suitcases £5. Other items may be left, depending on availability, at the staff member’s discretion. Umbrellas are free. Charges do not apply to Members, Patrons or Corporate Supporters.
- Any items larger than 56 x 25 x 45 cm are not permitted in the building.
- Folding bicycles, skateboards and adult scooters are not permitted in the building.
- Cabin sized suitcases, long umbrellas or wet umbrellas are not permitted in Gallery areas. You will be required to leave these items in the Cloakroom before entering Gallery spaces.
- In the interests of security it may be necessary to conduct bag searches. Visitors are asked to present any bags to Security staff for inspection on request.
- All items are left in the cloakroom at the owner’s risk, and the Gallery does not accept liability for the loss of, or damage to, anything left in the cloakroom.
- Cloakroom capacity is limited, so we regret that at busy times we may not be able to accept some items.
- The nearest left luggage facility is at Charing Cross station. See the Excess Baggage Company website.
- Use of the cloakroom is reserved for visitors of the National Portrait Gallery. If you leave the building, you are required to collect your items before you leave.
- Any items left in the cloakroom overnight will be treated as lost property.
- The National Portrait Gallery reserves the right to refuse acceptance of any item to the cloakroom, if it is deemed necessary, to ensure the safety and security of our staff, visitors, collection and building.
- If you are visiting the Larry's Café Bar (Weston Wing, Floor -3) or The Portrait Restaurant (Floor 4), please collect your items from the cloakroom before the Gallery closes.