The Queen's Golden Jubilee
'The Royal Family: A Centenary Portrait'
by John Wonnacott
Past display archive
The National Portrait Gallery will be celebrating the Queen's Golden Jubilee with special displays and events
The Golden Jubilee Portfolio:
Photographs of Queen Elizabeth II
1 June 2002 - 9 February 2003
To mark the Golden Jubilee a number of contemporary photographers from Britain and the Commonwealth were invited to take portrait photographs of The Queen. The photographers are HRH the Duke of York, the Earl of Lichfield, Bryan Adams, Polly Borland, Julian Calder, Anthony Crickmay, Fiona Hanson, Rankin, David Secombe and John Swannell. A selection of these works will be on display.
Royal Landing Displays
Current royal portraits on display include the John Wonnacott painting of four generations of the Royal Family and the Annigoni portrait of H.M. The Queen.
Queen Elizabeth II, by Andy Warhol, 1985
In celebration of the Golden Jubilee one of the Gallery's most popular images, Andy Warhol's Queen Elizabeth, is on show. This multiple image of The Queen, derived from an official 1977 Jubilee photograph, is one of a series by Warhol entitled Reigning Queens.
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG 4706)
- 'The Royal Family: A Centenary Portrait' (NPG 6479)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG x125855)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG x125851)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG x125852)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG x125853)
- Queen Elizabeth II; Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (NPG x125854)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG x125849)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG 5882(1))
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG 5882(2))
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG 5882(3))
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG 5882(4))
- Queen Elizabeth II; Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (NPG x125850)
- Queen Elizabeth II (NPG x134854)