Lunchtime Lecture: McBean on Shakespeare
18 April 2019, 13:15
Ondaatje Wing Theatre
Tickets: £4 (£3 concessions and Gallery Supporters) Book online, or visit the Gallery in person.
- Talks and Lectures
- Buy tickets
Become a Member for as little as £55 and enjoy FREE, unlimited entry to all exhibitions and discounts on ticketed events.
Other benefits include:
• Invitations to Members-only private views
• Discounts in the Portrait Restaurant and Gallery Shops
• Priority booking for special events
• Regular updates and exclusive offers
Vivien Leigh as Viola in 'Twelfth Night'
by Angus McBean
Immerse yourself in history, art and culture at our popular Lunchtime Lectures. Doors open at 12.45. Lectures begin at 13.15 and last approximately one hour.
To mark Shakespeare’s birthday, writer Adrian Woodhouse presents photographs taken by Angus McBean between 1945 – 1962 when he worked at the Stratford Theatre (now the Royal Shakespeare Theatre) in Stratford-Upon-Avon, documenting all of Shakespeare’s 37 plays and the greatest theatrical talent of the time.
Adrian Woodhouse is a decorative art historian. His first book on Angus McBean came out in 1982 when he was still a Fleet Street gossip columnist and his full-length biography, Angus McBean: Facemaker, was published in 2006. Shakespeare by McBean is published by Manchester University Press.
- Lunchtime Lecture: The Life and Career of Thomas Boleyn: Courtier, Ambassador and Patron
- Lunchtime Lecture: Exquisite Objects: Dressed to Impress in the age of Hilliard and Shakespeare
- Lunchtime Lecture: Queen Victoria: Daughter, Wife, Mother, Widow
- Lunchtime Lecture: Eternal Boy: The Life of Kenneth Grahame
Event ticket queries
Call +44 (0)20 7306 0055