7 April 2024, 14.00-17.30
Free (booking required)
Aged 16-21 and want some advice, feedback and a conversation about your artwork with an inspiring group of artists, curators and artist educators?
Following the success of our pilot session in October, we’re offering regular speed-portfolio review sessions at the Gallery that will help support your ideas, projects and work moving forward. You’ll have a chance to speak to a number of professionals in the industry who will be matched to your areas of interest and work in advance.
The afternoon will be your opportunity to:
- Chat to a number of artists and NPG team in a relaxed setting.
- Receive one-to-one advice and feedback on your work.
- Hear more about where to look for future opportunities in line with your interests.
- Meet other like-minded creative peers to build a network.
The conversation you have with the reviewers is up to you and what you’d like advice and feedback with, but may include:
- How to take good photographs of your work.
- What makes a good portfolio?
- What do people reviewing portfolios look for?
- How to best talk about your work.
- What software, training, opportunities there are to level up.
- What artists to look at for inspiration and research.
- New or different ways of trying ideas.
- How to show your work or get recognised.
- How to build a business from your artwork.
Important things to note:
- You’ll be required to bring a physical selection of your work to the Gallery on the day of the review.
- If the work exists digitally only, please ensure it is accessible via a website, social media platform etc.
- The session will involve sharing your work with reviewers and the rest of the group – please only sign up if you feel comfortable in having your work on display in the workshop space.
- On the day, you’ll need to stay for the full length of the session (14.00-17.30).
The session will start with all the reviewers introducing themselves and giving a short talk about their work, journey and practice.
Places are limited, and booking essential.
To sign up, please email [email protected]. To secure your space, you’ll need to complete a short application form which will help us match you up with reviewers in advance.
We also have a PORTfolio workshop on Saturday 6 April.