Mario Testino: Portraits
Past exhibition archive
1 February - 4 June 2002
Admission £6, concessions £4
The Gallery is operating a timed entry system to the exhibition and we strongly recommend that you reserve your tickets in advance by booking with Ticketmaster. This will allow entry on your chosen date and tickets will be delivered to your home address.
There is no booking fee, a £1 per transaction fee (not per ticket) is payable to cover handling & postage.
The National Portrait Gallery sells tickets for same day admissions only. During busy periods we may sell out available time slots early in the day.
Sponsored by Burberry and Dom Pérignon
In association with Vogue
Mario Testino is one of the outstanding photographers of his generation, and is perhaps best known for his much celebrated work in fashion photography.
This is the first ever museum exhibition of his work and features over 120 portraits selected by Testino himself, many which have never been seen before.
Testino has created advertising campaigns for high profile clients such as Gucci, Versace, Gap and Burberry and has worked on editorial shoots all over the world. His subjects include stars from the worlds of fashion, cinema, royalty and music and include Kate Moss, John Galliano, Gwyneth Paltrow, Diana, Princess of Wales, Robbie Williams and Madonna.
A fully illustrated catalogue accompanies the exhibition.
Paperback priced £30 (only on sale at the National Portrait Gallery) and £40 hardback.
- Naomi Campbell (NPG P1012)
- Kate Moss (NPG P1020)
- Diana, Princess of Wales (NPG P1016)
- John Charles Galliano (NPG P1017)
- Diana, Princess of Wales (NPG P1015)
- Madonna (NPG P1019)
- Vogue's Millennium Party (NPG P1022)
- Jake Chapman; Dinos Chapman; Alexander McQueen (NPG P1023)
- Jarvis Cocker; Amanda Jane (née Grieve), Lady Harlech (NPG P1014)
- Darcey Bussell (NPG P1011)
- Women in Fashion (NPG P1024)
- Kate Moss (NPG P1021)
- Zoe Bedeaux
- Darcey Andrea Bussell
- Naomi Campbell
- Dinos Chapman
- Jake Chapman
- Helena Christensen
- Jarvis Branson Cocker
- Fatboy Slim (Norman Cook)
- Patrick Cox
- Diana, Princess of Wales
- Tracey Emin
- John Charles Galliano
- Amanda Jane (née Grieve), Lady Harlech
- Julian Miles ('Jools') Holland
- Steven Alexander ('Alex') James
- Stephen Jones
- Stella McCartney
- Alexander McQueen
- Madonna (Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone)
- Nick Moran
- Kate Moss
- Phoebe Philo
- Norman Reedus
- Liberty Ross
- Sir Paul Brierley Smith
- Dame Vivienne Isabel Westwood