Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this Prize Draw, the entrant will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
2. This Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the National Portrait Gallery Eurostar Group Limited,Eurostar International Limited (together referred to as "Eurostar"), and the Keppler Hotel their affiliate companies, their families or agents or anyone associated with this Prize Draw are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry to this Prize Draw is free and is automatic upon entering online at www.npg.org.uk/silvy or at the Gallery in the exhibition
4. This Prize Draw is limited to one (1) entry per person and runs from 15 July until 24 October 2010 inclusive.
5. The prize consists of two (2) return tickets in Standard Class on the Eurostar train, from St Pancras International in London to Paris Gare Du Nord and two (2) nights stay in an Executive Room in the Hotel Keppler, Paris, including breakfast.' The Eurostar ticket prize and the Hotel Keppler accommodation prize are in the form of a voucher and are valid until 25 August 2011.
6. The Prize Draw winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will be notified by email or telephone by Monday 8 November with details of how to claim their prize.
7. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they have provided the Promoter with a valid working email address. The winner has 14 days after being contacted to respond to the Promoter, if return contact is not made within that time period the prize will be forfeited without exception.
8. The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative for the prize.
9. Proof of sending entries is not proof of receipt and the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for incomplete or illegible entries. No responsibility will be taken for lost entries.
10. Eurostar travel and Hotel Keppler accommodation is subject to availability. Some dates are not available for travel on Eurostar or stay at Hotel Keppler including, but not limited to, all Public/Bank Holiday weekends and Valentine's Day. Eurostar travel under this prize draw is subject to availability and the levels of availability may change. In this respect, availability for travel using the Eurostar tickets offered in accordance with this prize draw ("Eurostar Tickets") is limited for each train. Some trains may not be available for travel with the Eurostar Tickets; some trains may already be full and consequently no seats will be available for holders of Eurostar Tickets. This is more likely on Friday after midday, Saturday mornings, Sundays after midday and holiday periods.
11. The winner and their chosen companion must travel together on both the outbound and the return journeys on the Eurostar train.
12. No alterations, exchanges or refunds of the Eurostar tickets will be permitted.
13. The prize does not include any other incidentals including, but not limited to, meals, drinks, mini-bars, telephone calls, travel insurance, accommodation, the cost of transportation to and from St Pancras International in London and at the destination. These are the responsibility of the winner.
14. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Previous bookings made prior to and, for travel during the validity of, this prize cannot be exchanged or refunded for any ticket acquired in accordance with this prize.
15. The winner and their chosen companion must comply with all relevant customs, security and immigration requirements, including appropriate passport and visa requirements. Eurostar will not be responsible for any passenger's failure to comply with these requirements. The winners are strongly advised to take out adequate levels of travel insurance.
16. The winners and their chosen companions must check in at least thirty (30) minutes before departure and may not be allowed to board the train if they do not do so. Eurostar will not be liable for any passengers failing to make the departure time indicated on their tickets.
17. Eurostar shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses suffered by the entrant or a third party.
18. The National Portrait Gallery reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry if it considers there has been an abuse of this Prize Draw or a breach of the terms and conditions of this Prize Draw.
19. The National Portrait Gallery's decision is final on any situation including any not covered in these terms and conditions. Please note that the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence concerning any decisions made.
20. The National Portrait Gallery may at any time and for any reason elect to change or withdraw the Prize Draw and shall not be liable for any costs, claims, damages or loss occasioned by any such election or by failure, however caused, to fulfil the terms of this Prize Draw.
21. Eurostar International Limited Conditions of Carriage apply to all Eurostar travel, copies of which may be obtained by writing to Eurostar UK Sales, Times House, Bravingtons Walk, London, N1 9AW or via the website: www.eurostar.com.
22. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall apply.
23. The Promoter of this Prize Draw is: the National Portrait Gallery, St Martin's Place, London WC2H 0HE
Help us conserve a portrait of a female adventurer, poet and medical pioneer