Information and Terms & Conditions
Upload your own creative painted portraits and share them with other young people.
1. If you are aged 14-21, and have painted a portrait of yourself or someone else, submit photographs to our Flickr group or share them with us on Instagram using the hashtag #bpnextgen
2. For Flickr: simply upload your images to Flickr.com and add them to the BP Portrait Awards: Next Generation Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bpnextgeneration/ Click on ‘join this group’ and follow the instructions.
For Instagram: simply add the hashtag #bpnextgen to your description or comment (your profile must be set to ‘public’ for us to see your submission)
3. Photographic images must be of a painted portrait, for example in watercolour, acrylic, oils, gouache or mixed-media materials along with paint, or a photograph of a drawing or study towards a painted portrait. It may be a self-portrait or a portrait of somebody else. It may be abstract or expressive as long as it is recognisably a representation of a person.
4. Images which are photographic portraits will not be accepted.
5. Contributions must not contain any offensive content, including offensive language or images, sexual content or imagery or text which is deemed offensive by the Moderator.
6. By submitting your photograph to the BP Portrait Award: Next Generation Flickr Group or by using the hashtag on Instagram, you agree to the above terms and conditions and also the project's full rules. Please see the Group rules for further information and guidelines.
Note for Flickr users: You need to have at least 5 photos/images in your personal photostream before portrait images added to the Flickr Group can be displayed on this website.
For inspiration, see the videos and information on the BP Portrait Award: Next Generation website, the BP Portrait Award section on the National Portrait Gallery website, and the learning resources on the National Portrait Gallery’s website: www.npg.org.uk/learning