Over to you - Terms and Conditions
How to get involved:
- Take part by sharing your photo(s) using the hashtag #YPGSelf on Instagram or Twitter
- You can also email your photo(s) to [email protected] (under 5MB please)
- Your Twitter or Instagram account must be set to ‘public’ for us to share your photos
- We accept photos of self-portraits made in any media
Terms and Conditions
From the entries submitted the Gallery will, at its discretion, select those to be shown on it’s website, and on any other of our approved partner platforms.
Don’t be rude. Anything defamatory or obscene won’t be accepted.
Anything you submit must be your own original work. If your content contains other’s material e.g. images, video, music, etc., you must have obtained the necessary permissions to use the material. Get someone’s consent before showing an image of their face.
The Gallery won’t use your content for commercial purposes but we may use your content to promote our platform or project, such as:
• On social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• On our websites
• Onsite at the National Portrait Gallery or partner venues
• On printed materials e.g. leaflets promoting the open call and other projects for young people
You waive any moral rights in your contribution in order to permit the Gallery to edit your material if necessary.
Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it, including licensing that material to other websites.
If you do not grant the National Portrait Gallery the permission set out above on these terms please do not submit or share your contribution with us. By submitting your contribution with us, you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
Find out more about the Gallery’s Young People’s Programme for 14-21 year olds.Follow @NPGYouth