Uncle and Auntie
from the series 60 Miles by Road or Rail by Christian Sinibaldi © Christian Sinibaldi
Share the exhibitor
Voting for your favourite artist in this year's exhibition has ended. We will announce the winner shortly.
Prize: A Champagne Afternoon Tea for two
Taking inspiration from London’s most recognisable and historic landmarks, The Kensington’s London Landmarks Afternoon Tea leads guests on a tour of the capital’s architectural feats and culinary traditions, with tributes to London’s most famed structures.
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoters (The Doyle Collection and The National Portrait Gallery), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition. Any entrant who fails to comply with the entry instructions set out in these terms and conditions will be automatically disqualified from the competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- The competition launches at 10am on Wednesday 10 November 2021 and closes at 10am on Tuesday 4 January 2022. All entries must be completed by 10am on 4 January 2022 in order to be entered into the competition.
- To enter the competition, participants must vote in The National Portrait Gallery's Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize People's Pick, via this website and add in their email address.
- Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions. Individuals may only enter once; all additional entries will be disqualified. Any entries that the Promoters consider (in our absolute discretion) to be fraudulent, will be immediately disqualified. No third party or bulk entries will be counted. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void. Incomplete, corrupted, incorrect or late entries will not be accepted. Responsibility is not accepted for entries that are incomplete, incorrect, corrupted or lost due to technical or computer hardware reasons. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- By entering this competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these rules and terms and conditions.
- The prize will comprise of Champagne London Landmark’s Afternoon Tea for Two People. supplied by The Kensington Hotel, The Doyle Collection (109-113 Queen's Gate, South Kensington, London SW7 5LP) and must be used by 9th November 2022
- The prize does not include anything other than that specifically mentioned above. The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative in any circumstance, nor can it be transferred or resold.
- This prize is non-transferable across different hotels, restaurants and bars within The Doyle Collection, and is only valid at The Kensington Hotel (109-113 Queen's Gate, South Kensington, London SW7 5LP).
- Blackout dates apply to the redemption of hotel, restaurant and bar experiences at The Doyle Collection, and are subject to change.
- The winner will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries. This decision will be final.
- The winner will be notified by email via the address provided upon entering within 10 days of the competition's closing date. The winner must claim the prize within 10 days of being contacted. If the prize is not claimed within this timeframe, then the winner will automatically forfeit their prize and another winner will be chosen.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize. The Promoters cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- The Promoters reserve the right to verify the winner and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
- This prize is provided by The Doyle Collection. The National Portrait Gallery accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of the prize description and The Doyle Collection is responsible for the prize fulfilment.
- The Doyle Collection reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary. The Doyle Collection reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
- The National Portrait Gallery is committed to protecting your privacy. Under data protection law, we need a lawful basis to collect and use your personal data. By entering this competition and providing us with your contact details you consent for us to pass your contact details to The Doyle Collection to administer the prize and to add you to our e-news list, and that of The Doyle Collection, if you decide to sign up. The Gallery will hold all personal data securely. Please see https://www.npg.org.uk/footer/privacy-cookies for more information on the National Portrait Gallery's data protection policy.
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2021 Paperback Catalogue
This catalogue presents stunning reproductions of selected works from this year’s exhibition - one of the most important platforms for contemporary portrait photographers internationally. The catalogue features all the selected entries with extended captions, comments and insights from the judges and interviews with the prizewinners.